Sunday, April 11, 2010

I've been a busy bee!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was very tiring and busy as usual. My son Cameron had his first soccer game of the season today and he did great! It was nice to get out there and watch him play again. Today was my Hubby's birthday and he spent it working :{ I had lots of time in my craft room this weekend so that was nice for a change. I made a layout based off of a sketch from this really cool site called Let's Scrap over on Ning. It's a challenge site and they have lots of great inspiration to get your mojo flowing! They are having a DT Call over there until April 16th so I thought I would give it a whirl! You can find the sketch and information about the DT Call on the main page of the site.

Below is my take on the sketch. This is of my daughter Finley and when she got her face painted like a butterfly. The title is "Flutter Wonder" and that's the title Finley chose when she saw the layout. I thought it was a great choice! I used Basic Grey Kioshi paper, chipboard flowers from Making Memories, K & Company flower stickers, Inque Boutique butterfly stamp, cut all die cuts on my Quickutz Silhouette. I also used some 3mm Swarovski Crystals for the circle on the bottom left and on the butterfly. I think the papers really bring out her eyes :}




Below is the card I made for my awesome Hubby! Happy Birthday baby! This is for the April 2010 week #1 Card Challenge over at Simply Scrapping Crafts on Ning. It's hard to see, but I made it on a clear transparency background. I used American Crafts papers, Fancy Pants clear acrylic circle, star & sentiment spot, Unity Stamps, The Stamps Of Life by Stephanie Barnard & Inque Boutique, random buttons, stitching & ribbon. I used a piece of mercerized cotton to tie on the star. Hubby loved his card and then I promptly took it away to get pictures and upload it! LOL!


Well that's it for me for now! I'll be back as soon as I have some more yumminess for you! TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your card is fabulous and would be PERFECT for Alex's Birthday day. I may have to try and "scrap lift" your idea...or something kind of like it! :)

    Finley looks "beautiful" in that layout...but then again...Finley looks beautiful ALL the time...she's such a gorgeous girl!!

    Love you all....
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete